* Places books into families' homes, increasing book ownership
* Lets families know that it is never too early to start reading aloud to their babies
* Starts a new community book tradition by celebrating the birth of the baby, one of the most joyous family events, with a book
* Provides our community's families with a common book experience that crosses ethnic and socio-economic lines
* Lets families know the importance and pleasure of reading to babies:
* Reading aloud to babies creates a special bond between parent and child
* Reading aloud to a child now will help the child have success learning to read later on.